Accomodations Amenities Common Questions Local Map Contact Us

640 Grace Street

This building (including the rec center) was built in 1925 as a new showroom for the Thompson Motor Car Company. Robert Thompson lived upstairs and rented out the extra rooms. One of his early tenants was Clyde Rex, an editor for the Grit newspaper. In 1942, the auto dealership was renamed Spot Motor Sales. Thompson retired shortly after World War II, and Spot Motor Sales moved to a new location in 1947.

Accomodations | Amenities | Common Questions | Local Map | Contact Us