Accomodations Amenities Common Questions Local Map Contact Us

637 Grace Street

     This house was built during the mid-1880's. The first owner was Asakiah Gaul, who owned a pool hall at the time. In the late 1880's, he worked as a laborer and later as a police officer. In 1892, he sold the house to Thomas Carskadden, a merchant tailor. Asakiah Gaul moved next door to 635 Grace Street. In 1893, Jacob Doebler, a messenger, purchased the house. In 1895, it was sold to Frederick Gutge, a photographer. In 1897, the house was owned by Daniel Plummer, a letter carrier. He lived there for nearly a decade until 1907. After that, it had a number of owners with odd jobs such as bookkeeper, lumberyard worker, pattern maker, telephone operator. In 1914, Asakiah Gaul moved back from 635 Grace Street and lived there until his death in the early 1930's.

Accomodations | Amenities | Common Questions | Local Map | Contact Us