Accomodations Amenities Common Questions Local Map Contact Us

635 Grace Street

     This house was built during the mid-1880's. The first owner was Alanson Shaw, a foreman. In 1890, he sold the house to Kirk Dougherty, a sawyer. The house was purchased by Eugene Porter, a box maker. In 1895, Asakiah Gaul moved to the house from next door at 637 Grace Street, where he had lived for ten years. At the time, he owned the West Branch Cycle Company. Asakiah Gaul lived at 635 Grace Street until 1914. He sold the house to a plumber, George Tracey, and moved back to 637 Grace Street. In 1916, the house was owned by William Gillespie, a traveling salesman. The following year, it was owned by J.M. Reeder, a laborer. A widow purchased the house in 1918 and lived there for two years. In 1920, a delivery driver named Jacob Hornberger purchased the house.

Accomodations | Amenities | Common Questions | Local Map | Contact Us