Accomodations Amenities Common Questions Local Map Contact Us

619 West Fourth Street

This house was built by James Walton Bowman in 1894. Mr. Bowman was one of the leading lumber and coal men in Williamsport. He was vice president of the B.C. Bowman Lumber Company, secretary and treasurer of the Rowland Land Company, and president of Kline Hardware Dealers. James Bowman owned the first automobile in Williamsport, and Bowman Field is named after him. James Bowman lived in the house until his death in 1930. Afterwards, his daughter Helen Eliza lived there with her husband, George Lentz, for ten years. The house has been used for apartments since 1943.

Click here to see interior pictures

Accomodations | Amenities | Common Questions | Local Map | Contact Us